Computer or App based learning - Designed for your convenience
4 hours CPD 1 day online emergency mental health grant
Module 1: Risks Associated with Deliberate Self harm
- Assessing suicidal risk in the Emergency Department
- Risk stratification has been taught for a decade or more - but it isn't evidence based and it doesn't work!
- Learn instead about a program that reduces repeated suicide attempts by 35%
- Strangulation and Hanging
- Learn to recognize the one factor that increases a person's risk of death by 800 times.
- What investigations are essential?
- One surprising idea to consider with the EMR/discharge summary.
Module 2: Risks Associated with Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Poppers and Whippets N2O Alkyl nitrates Abuse
- Learn the four key investigations and five keys to management
- Cannabis hyperemesis syndrome
- Learn what reduces the symptoms, and the only way to cure it
- Management of stimulants
- Learn the 7 step management process
- Adolescent Addiction
- Learn the 5 A's of brief intervention
- Dealing with Drug Seeking
- Avoiding risk / threat
- The Hustler
- Misunderstood chronic pain patient
- Member of staff / colleague
Module 3: Risks Associated with Violent behaviour
- Occupational Violence Duty of Care
- Learn what one regional ED did to decrease the need for physical restraint by 80%
- Managing behaviours of concern in the Paediatric ED
- 15 year old, versus 12 year old, versus 6 year old, versus 2 year old.
- What strategies should you use with children with intellectual difficulties?
- Dealing with difficult people
- Strategies for dealing with difficult colleagues or patients
- The management of acute agitation in the emergency setting
- Deescalation, chemical and physical restraint