Medical Mindfulness 101 - Online CPD Activity
CPD points (RACGP Accredited Activity 40 points)
The Most Common Benefits of Mindfulness:
- Decreased stress and psychological distress;
- Enhanced mental health and functioning;
- Increased emotion regulation and self-control;
- Decreased anxiety, depression, worry, and rumination;
- Improved ability to focus and improved attention;
- Improved social and relational skills;
- Reduction in aggression and stressful behaviours;
- Reduced symptoms of burnout;
- Enhanced resilience.
The aims of this activity are to:
- Learn a variety of Mindfulness techniques.
- Recognise situations where mindfulness based stress reduction techniques are useful.
- Utilise MBSR in your own life.
- Learn when to “prescribe” MSBR as an adjunctive therapy for patients when they experience situations that may be helped by the practice.
- Describe how mindfulness generates awareness, reduces experiences of stress, and positively assists with chronic pain.
- Demonstrate a range of formal and informal mindfulness practices and exercises.
- Integrate 10 minutes of mindfulness practice into your daily routine for the duration of this course.
- Measure the impact of mindfulness practice on your own perceived experiences of stress using a self-administered Perceived Stress Scale & the online Five Facet Mindfulness Questionnaire.
- Determine situations in your own life and with your patients where mindfulness practice could be of benefit.
What you will get
- 8 week evidence based Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course
- Downloadable Reflection Workbook
- Weekly exercises to help you incorporate the techniques into your daily life
- Mindfulness and Chronic Pain - Patient Handout
- Mindfulness and Physical Pain - Patient Handout
- 40 Point RACGP Accredited Activity
What do GPs say who have completed the course?
What changes have you noticed since starting this course?
"More awareness and appreciation of nature in my surroundings. Greater awareness of unhelpful thoughts and ability to reframe them."
"Loved the course. I feel I have learnt powerful skills to make my life and medical practice more meaningful. I feel more engaged in consultations and have new treatment modalities for stress, chronic pain, anxiety."
Do you practice in a regional, rural or remote area?
If so you may be eligible for this training to be fully reimbursed.**
* Risk Free Guarantee - If you are not happy, let us know within 24 hours and we'll refund 100% of your money back.
** If you live in a regional area you may be eligible to have the costs fully covered by a Health Workforce Scholarship Program (HWSP).
Multiple bursary payments totalling up to $10,000 per financial year are available for eligible General Practitioners. (eg. you can claim the full $375 back and still have $9,625 left to spend on other education later in the year).
Specific Eligibility Criteria is subject to change and available on the HWSP websites. These HWSP bursaries are generally available for medical practitioners who provide services within a regional, rural or remote primary health setting. RRR settings as defined as Modified Monash Model (MMM) 3-7, ie. Practicing in or outside of a town of 50,000 residents or less.
Exact postcode eligibility can be found here.
Note: The process for HWSP bursaries is purchase access to the masterclass, receive your receipt from us, then claim your fees back from your HWSP provider. To insure there is no Return of Service Obligations (ROSO) you should complete your education within 6 months of applying for the bursary from HWSP.