How to get all your CPD in the most efficient way possible without sacrificing time with your family
(this works even if you are time poor or live outside of a major population centre)
Did you know that most GPs allow earning CPD to take precedence over spending time with their family?
Here's the problem you probably face:
Prior to the COVID-19 Pandemic, CPD events were held in the evenings or weekends and attending meant you needed to sacrifice time with your family.
You'd go to the local restaurant or conference venue, just like GPs have done for decades.
Since COVID, education providers have decided to run their live webinars between 6.30 pm and 8 pm on weekday evenings which means, even now, that your early evenings are taken up with education.
This "CPD in exchange for time with your family" sacrifice is something that GPs and their families have experienced for generations.
Luckily we live in 2021 and for you and your family, there's now a solution.
Let me introduce you to ArmchairMedical Platinum.
- ArmchairMedical Platinum lets you take control of your education, so that you can learn what you need and still enjoy time with the people you care about.
- Dinner and bath time with your children, or date night with your partner. You can now schedule your life so you come first. You are no longer at the mercy of education provider scheduling!
- ArmchairMedical Platinum provides you with interesting CPD Activities where you will earn over 100 RACGP CPD points or 50 ACRRM Points this year
- Each CPD activity can be enjoyed "on demand" so you can watch or listen to them anytime you like.
- Earn CPD while you exercise or drive in the car, watch full lectures when your children are asleep. Protect your evenings and weekends for your family.
- Every lecture is free from sponsorship, so you know you are not just watching an advertorial disguised as CPD.
- ArmchairMedical Platinum also comes with free, 12 month 'all - access' to the Netflix of GP education - ArmchairMedical.tv *
* ArmchairMedical.tv (free with ArmchairMedical Platinum) contains over 200 Australian medical conferences and 6,000+ lectures.
- Choose from over 6,000 lectures, so you'll always find something that suits your needs and won't waste your time.
- Choose the speed of playback of each lecture, watch complete lectures in two thirds the time of watching live events, so you have even more time for the important people and activities in your life.
- Download machine generated verbatim transcripts of every ArmchairMedical.tv lecture for your learning log.
What do our members say?
"I needed a source for quality, unsponsored professional development to listen to in my car when driving....Variety and regular updates are great....Unbiased up to date research based medical information on demand."
GP registrar large outer metro practice
"These are certainly more valuable than attending drug company dinner/powerpoint presentations in my opinion....these are lectures that could form a basis for group practice clinical meetings, particularly in regional and rural settings....(armchairmedical) provide (s) access to current information at a very reasonable price without having to leave home."
GP in large group practice in regional centre in rural Victoria
"I find the website and videos are very useful specially the ones that more related to my everyday practice including emergency...I joined because it saved me time to go to those meetings so I can see video in the morning before shaving!
I think the website and videos are very useful and I recommend them."
GP in a outer suburb in Victoria
Here's what you will get with ArmchairMedical Platinum:
- Online, on demand CPD activities so you can fit your learning around your commitments, activities and people that bring you joy
- Ophthalmology Masterclass 7 hours CPD
- Paediatric Trauma 6 hours CPD
- Emergency Cardiology 1 x 10 hours CPD
- Acute Abdominal pain in children and infants 5 hours CPD
- Paediatric Allergy Masterclass 5 hours CPD (Avail May 2021)
- Lifestyle interventions for Chronic disease 10 hours CPD (Avail March 2021)
- Access all CPD activities on a convenient app you can access anywhere.
- 12 months access to all CPD so you can learn at a pace that suits you
- Eligible for HWSP Bursaries* if you live in regional, rural or remote areas, so that the government can help fund your education
- 12 months access to 200 conferences and 6,000 lectures on ArmchairMedical.tv (the Netflix of GP education) valued at $1,275
- A 40 point RACGP CPD activity for self care and mindfulness available mid year
Discover the convenience of armchairmedical
Create more time with your family
Platinum - Best Value
Over 100 CPD Point Activities Plus ArmchairMedical.tv ANNUAL Plan (worth $1,275) included for freeStart Learning Now
* Health Workforce Scholarship Program Bursary:
Multiple bursary payments totaling up to $10,000 per financial year are available for eligible General Practitioners.
Specific Eligibility Criteria is subject to change and available on the HWSP websites. These HWSP bursaries are generally available for medical practitioners who provide services within a regional, rural or remote primary health setting. RRR settings as defined as Modified Monash Model (MMM) 3-7, ie. Practicing in or outside of a town of 50,000 residents or less.
Exact postcode eligibility can be found here.